Because ideas are sexy when you eat apple sauce on the 30th of February

11/05/2010

A hopeless romantic in the modern world


"There was a time I used to sing

Of the arrows, the bows and cupid’s wings

There was a time I once believed

The epic stories the screens once weaved"


Yet as time had me passed by

And my mind and heart matured

I now ask, is love truly real?

Or am I just a victim of literature?


Was there really such a thing

As a love beyond the worth of gold?

Was it purely foolhardy fiction?

Or was it simply lost to the time of old?


Is it really out there?

This love that will forever last?

Is it found only in fairy tales?

Or was it only in the past?


And as I dwell in fickle loneliness

Naively wishing for my romantic fate

I find myself asking the question

Was I a fool or simply born too late?


No comments:

Post a Comment